Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece, line dry?? Help!

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I have a friend who will make me a liner, so ordered this from Joann (on sale and free shipping !)

(broken link removed)

It says "line dry" when all the others say "tumble dry". Can it be different or is this just a quirk in the description? I place the order then went back to check the width and noticed this.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Just wash it several times with hot water. Fleece doesn't shrink much, but it will shrink a little. But several hot water washings should take care of it.

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
I can't think there would be too much of a difference between a tumble dry or a line dry in this case. I use a low heat to dry fleece because it makes it last longer. Less pilling and such. Very cute print though!

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
I purchased a set of fleece at Joann's 2 weeks ago that said to line dry as well. After around 6 washings/tumble dryings I haven't had any issues come up. Maybe it has something to do with the manufacturer of that specific fleece and their recommendations.

Hhbean

Cavy Slave
I would wash and dry it a few times before your friend adds the other layers to ensure it doesn't shrink up. I don't think it will shrink very much, I wash "dry clean only" stuff all the time without any problems.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I've never had any issues with fleece shrinking. As along as it's 100% polyester fleece, I don't think it should. There might be some fleece blends that contain cotton or rayon that might shrink.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.