Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Piggy bedspreads

Jaclyn

Cavy Slave
Are they worth it? And do you need two, or can you get away with one?

Anyone ever seen them go on sale?

I want them now lol! But to ship to Canada makes two of them are over $!70!!! Ouch. One is less than $100, so that is nice.

Catahoula

Cavy Slave
Can you sew? Or do you know someone who can?

You can make your own for a lot cheaper. All you need is a good fleece to wick away moisture and a cotton (batting, mattress pad, u-haul pad) to absord the pee.

I know there's other threads on here that teach you how to make it yourself. You can either do a search in the tool bar or maybe someone can post a link for you.

lissie

Cavy Slave
Some people say they are worth it. If you sew, you can make one by yourself which will be much cheaper. I've never seen them go on sale. If you are planning to make one, Joann's fleece usually go on sale for $2.99 per yard during Black Friday.

Jaclyn

Cavy Slave
Ya, I am not someone who sews!

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
I found this list of handmade piggie items, some of them sell piggie cage pads. You just have to find them :p

(broken link removed)

Also, I don't know if anyone has ordered from any of these places so I can't tell you if they are good quality or not.

Jaclyn

Cavy Slave
So I ordered them! They are actually waiting for my mom to get them in the states as it was cheeper to ship that way. I can't wait! I ordered two sets, for the main floor 2x4 and also the loft 1x2. I am waiting till they arrive before I make the addition of the loft, but I can't wait! I am like a little kid!

Does anyone know if you have to prewash these a certain number of times?

Travelingirl916

Cavy Slave
Exciting! I have never ordered from her, but they should be all prewashed and ready to use when you get them. :)

Kelly91513

Cavy Slave
You got the piggy bed spreads?? I bought one and love it however it doesn't come pre-washed and you need to wash it several times before using to get the fleece to wick. If you are not talking about them, what did you get? Now that I have two cages I want another one but don't have the money so I made one with just clipping fleece to some Uhaul pads.

Jaclyn

Cavy Slave
Yes I got them from piggy bedspreads.com. I ordered two sets for the cage and loft. It cost almost $300 so I hope they are worth it! I can't wait to try them out!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.