Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding PLease help !

rainbowswirl97

Cavy Slave
Hello! I have 2 guinea pigs and i use pine bedding in their cage. My problem is that the pine is causing so much dust to form on my dads electronics which are next to the cage. I would love to move them to anther room and expand the cage but we don't have the room! is there a way i can reduce dust and wood chips from ending up all over the house? I also thought about fleece but it would smell more and need to be washed more often... I'm really stuck and confused. Please reply as soon as you can. I need help :eek:hmy: Thankyou !

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
You could try carefresh. It's more expensive but there is a lot less dust or pine pellets instead of chipping.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
You could also try aspen, thats what I use and it has minimum dust. You may want to just try different brands of bedding, they all differ so you may have more luck with one than another.

pinky

Cavy Slave
There's also unscented Ecobedding or unscented Yesterday's News for cats which is cheaper than the one for small pets.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
You could also try wood pellets. There's a very small amount of dust when you put them in the cage, and when you clean the cage out, but none at all in between times. You could cover the electronics while you're cleaning the cage. They're by far the best bedding I've tried for controlling the odor.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.