Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding UK equivalent to Uhaul pads

Subsonica

Cavy Slave
I've been looking around for some blankets/pads that are the equivalent to Uhaul blankets and available in the UK. Originally we were going to use towels under our fleece, but for the size of cage we have, towels in the UK work out to be a very expensive option (we've already spent more than we can really afford on this cage, has to be close to £200 so far!).

I've found these, but not sure if they are the same thing.
(broken link removed)
It says they are made from a wool mixture, so not sure what the absorbency or odour control would be like. Has anyone in the UK used or found Uhaul-type pads?

Umleila

Cavy Slave
Hi I'm originally from the Uk but living in Saudi at the mo. When I was in the Uk in the summer, I couldn't find anything like the uhaul pads as they are apparently made from denim.

I ended up using mattress protectors to make my cage liners. I got the cheapest ones I could find on amazon. I think a kingsize one was around £8. It made me two cage liners, lots of pads, a lap blanket for my daughter and a very flimsy cuddle cup!

So far they have been working fine. I would be interested to know though if there is a UK equivalent.

Good luck :)

3piggiepigs

Cavy Slave
I am in the uk and i make and sell cage liners using mattress toppers
utf-8BcmVkIGxpbmVyIDIuanBn.jpg
utf-8BcHVycGxlIGxpbmVyLmpwZw.jpg

I use them in my cage and i love them and so do alot of people as i have sold the ones above and several more in the las few months and getting repeat orders

(broken link removed)

gumblina

Cavy Slave
These look brill! I just sent you an enquiry through your website :)

Subsonica

Cavy Slave
I do like the look of those liners, I'll have to send you an enquiry though, as my cage is is a nice big 5x2 (using connectors, so measurements would be slightly larger), so it could work out pricey if I'm getting a few. Very tempting though, because I have an abundance of fleece from various places, and none of it wicking despite being washed several times.

Would I need to do anything to the liners, or do they already wick moisture through to the pads inside?

3piggiepigs

Cavy Slave
A 2x5 C&C liner is £40 each plus postage ( I would have to check rates to scotland can you send me your postcode?) I have been using liners for 18months the fleece wicks urine away into the topper to the wadding which is airy so the urine spreads out in to the air pockets and dries, the topper has a waterproof backing which stops pee going on to your tray, obviously its effectiveness depends on cage size to piggy ratio but I have 8 in a stacked 2x4 and 2x5 C&C and liners easy last a week, this is where I get fleece from you can choose one or two colors (base and sides can be different at no extra charge)

If you provide the fleece and post to me I will be happy to use that and deduct £16 off each liner, is your fleece polar or blankets as some blankets don't work so well

Subsonica

Cavy Slave
If they are posted through Royal Mail, postage is the same as the rest of the UK ;) But if it's a courier, they like to bump the prices up because we have an IV postcode, even though we are nowhere near Inverness, and aren't even in the Highlands!

I definitely think that it's going to work out to be far too much for us right now though, as we've already spent a fortune on this cage, to the point of putting quite a bit onto the credit card as well. Maybe something for me to look at in the future, but for now I'm just going to have to try and work with this fleece and put towels under it. If only I could get it to wick! :sad:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.