Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hay Timothy Hay at Tractor Supply?

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
Awhile back I posted a want ad on craig's list for a bail of grass hay. Someone recently e-mailed me and told me Tractor Supply sells #40-50 bail of Timothy for 12 dollars. Anyone ever bought from there and know about the quality? I know the price is a little steep for a bail but it's A LOT cheaper than the pet store.

The vet told me this morning that all the hay around here (Austin) is in poor quality because of the drought so a feed store that doesn't ship hay in may be out of the question. He doesn't expect the hay to get better until we get some rain down here! =(

SurfingPigs

Cavy Slave
Hay quality always varies... I would recommend going and taking a look at the hay in person. Look for an abundance of brown strands/other bits, and see how it smells compared to hay you have had in the past.

If you don't mind paying shipping fees, ordering from KMS Hayloft also ends up being cheaper than pet store hay. I order for my pigs even though I can get quality hay locally... it is just absolutely outstanding hay.

(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.