Thanks
    Thanks
    1,094 Rec'd/794 Posts
    Mentioned
    310 Post(s)
    Quoted
    568 Post(s)

Timothy Hay at Tractor Supply?

Awhile back I posted a want ad on craig's list for a bail of grass hay. Someone recently e-mailed me and told me Tractor Supply sells #40-50 bail of Timothy for 12 dollars. Anyone ever bought from there and know about the quality? I know the price is a little steep for a bail but it's A LOT cheaper than the pet store.

The vet told me this morning that all the hay around here (Austin) is in poor quality because of the drought so a feed store that doesn't ship hay in may be out of the question. He doesn't expect the hay to get better until we get some rain down here! =(

Blog Entries
    Thanks
    Thanks
    299 Rec'd/243 Posts
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quoted
    125 Post(s)

Re: Timothy Hay at Tractor Supply?

Hay quality always varies... I would recommend going and taking a look at the hay in person. Look for an abundance of brown strands/other bits, and see how it smells compared to hay you have had in the past.

If you don't mind paying shipping fees, ordering from KMS Hayloft also ends up being cheaper than pet store hay. I order for my pigs even though I can get quality hay locally... it is just absolutely outstanding hay.

www.kmshayloft.com

User Tag List