Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Soap for washing dishes, water bottle?

jayval

Cavy Slave
Dumb question: But can you use dishwashing soap to clean the bowls, and water bottle??....

Also, should I just clean the bottle with brush and hot water only?

Also, already bought the Natures Miracle Cage Cleaner is that Ok??...When it runs out I can stick to vinegar an water...

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Of course it's fine to use dish detergent on bowls and water bottles -- how else will you get them clean.

Naature's Miracle should work ok, but it's waaaaay more expensive than vinegar, and probably doesn't work a bit better.

jayval

Cavy Slave
OK..Thats what I thought, thanks :)....Just getting all ready now...And I want to make sure Im doing everything right....

Toadies

Cavy Slave
Just make sure to rinse, rinse, rinse. Even a little soap left would cause some pretty big tummy issues.

pinky

Cavy Slave
I use ordinary dishwashing liquid. I scrub with a bottle brush I bought at the pet store. It has a larger brush to scrub the bottle and a smaller one to clean out the spout. I remove the rubber gasket to clean it off on both sides. You can use a pipe cleaner to really clean out the spout. Some people clean them in their dishwasher but I don't have one so I do it by hand in the utility tub in my laundry room.

jayval

Cavy Slave
Thanks!!! I appreciate all the help...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.