Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece First Cage Liners

Inle_Rabbit

Moderator / Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Gazer
It's my first try. I've had the liner in for 24 hours now and still no smell, the guinea pigs honestly don't smell as good as when they were pine scented now they just smell like fur and guinea pigs. ha! Ben (brown one with bum feet) seems to like the fleece more but Eddy doesn't seem to care either way.

Fleece liner and pads:
fleece5.jpg

Set up in the cage:
fleece2.jpg

Cuddling in fear of the mighty vacuum!:

fleece3.jpg

Attachments

Fleece1.jpg fleece4.jpg

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
Those are adorable! :) I love how it matches, The cushions are so cute. How did you make the arrow one? Was the arrow already on it or did you add it?

skinnyguineaus

Cavy Slave
Nice traffic light cushions! Nice job on the liners :)

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
@ Ollieandfriends - This is how I did it. It's really easy to do if you know just some basic of a sewing machine. =D

lissie

Cavy Slave
Very cute themed cage! Your boys are adorable.

You might need more hidey though. How about adding traffic light fleece forest?

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
Thank for the link Inle_Rabbit! Sadly I don't have any sewing skills so I might have to get my mom or someone to help me out

I think a fleece forest would look so cute!

Inle_Rabbit

Cavy Gazer
@ Lissie - Thank you! I actually have another pigloo I just took out for the pictures since I wanted to show off the fleece. My son and I are constructing an upstairs to the cage right now once that is done we were going to add a fleece forest for the boys so probably Monday or Tuesday. I think they would like one of those, they keep trying to cuddle with one another but they are still too stand-offish to actually do it! It's so funny because one will sleep inside a pigloo and the other will sleep right outside but if they get too close they start purring at each other. Silly pigs.

@Ollie - Now's the time to learn to sew! I learned from watching YouTube videos and reading blogs while I was pregnant with my second son. I was determined to sew his crib bedding and it took me 4 months but I did it! I whipped all that up in a little over an hour. All during nap time. =D

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
I've been wanting to learn how to sew for a long time, I just have to get around to it. lol I'm going to have get working on it soon! My to do list keeps getting longer!

CarpeCavia

Cavy Slave
I'm looking to sell a 3 foot by 5 foot by 6 inch coroplast box with custom made washable fleece liner. I ordered it from piggybedspreads.com but only used it 2-3 times. As soon as I adopted Wilbur he needed surgery right away to remove a painful bladder stone. He's recovered nicely but i'd like to sell the extra playpen to help cover the expense. The liner is well-made of quilted fleece in puzzle and royal blue sidewalls, an absorbant layer, and a waterproof layer. I only have the coroplast tray and liner, not selling any cubes or wire enclosure - you'll have to buy or make that on your own please. Asking 100 USD OBO. Local delivery/pickup ok in southern New England ... not sure if it could be shipped further away?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.