Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Getting under the Fleece???

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
I have fleece cage liners on order. The person is just waiting for the velcro to come in so that way they can sew the velcro to the liners for me but Im tired of waiting and just want them now! Plus Im not sure what would happen if the fleece shrinks with the velcro, I dont want it getting bunched up or anything. So I wanted to know if there is a problem with pigs digging under the fleece?

lissie

Cavy Slave
Some pigs will and some won't. :) You won't know until you try! I have 4 pigs who never dug up the fleece.

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
Thanks :cheerful: I guess I can always get the fleece without it and if they do then I can go get some velcro sew on them.

Shinypig7

Cavy Slave
I have one pig that tunnels under the fleece all the time!! He always finds a way! My other pig won't make his own tunnels. He likes them pre-made by the first pig :grumpy: ... Velcro didn't really work for me because Ripely is a piggy Houdini! To be fair, I didn't use all that much velcro, but in any case, I agree with your decision. lol

OllieandFriends

Cavy Gazer
Only one of my pigs, Perry ever tunneled, and he only ever does that if I hang the fleece over the back of the cage, I use fleece throws wich are a bit bigger then the cage. I don't want to add velcro so i juat put their hidey houses in the two corners and he stopped. It's a good idea to add velcro though :)

pnp26

Cavy Slave
My pigs tunneled so what I did was a sew sides onto the fleece bedspreads I made so it would go over the Coroplast so they couldn't tunnel under, it was worked perfectly

skinnyguineaus

Cavy Slave
Thanks :cheerful: I guess I can always get the fleece without it and if they do then I can go get some velcro sew on them.
Hi! I cant wait for mine either :) did you ask Stephanie for strings on the corner of your liner? I asked for 4" strings on each side. It should be enough to tie it to the C&C... Velcro will get all stuck to the fleece in the drier and in several week it won't work anymore... Unless she places the soft velcro on the fleece and the hard on the surface. Make sure to tell her bc the universal rule for velcro is "S"oft on the "S"urface. I only know that bc I'm a special ed teacher and we use velcro for EVERYTHING!! I actually velcro my water bottles to the cage. Very practical and the Skinnies can't pull it off.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.