Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece New fleece liners

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
Good day all. Today I rented a sewing machine and made my own fleece liners. It took me about two hours just to thread the machine properly but the actual sewing process was very quick. Who knew I would be good at this. I am washing the other fleece tonight and I will be sewing it tomorrow. I also cut their towels to fit the base of the cage and sewed them together. Its not perfect but it's done by mom with love. I will post some pics tomorrow after I finish the second liner. I am thinking about buying my own sewing machine and probably making other things. Do I see fashion designer in my future?

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
Ok I decided to come on my computer tonight to upload the pigtures. Here you go.

Attachments

IMG_0836.jpg IMG_0835.jpg IMG_0834.jpg IMG_0832.jpg

lissie

Cavy Slave
It looks great!

GPigsRSweet

Cavy Slave
I love the Hello Kitty fleece! You did an awesome job!

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Wow ! You should feel "proud" ! :cool: Hooray for you, that you made some liners, you go girl ! Very nice job, too !

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
I dont think they like Hello Kitty. LOL. I put the fleece in Saturday night and went out all night. The next day I call home to check in on them and my mom is laughing and telling me that they do not like hello kitty. When I go home I see the fleece had been pulled down off the sides, their food was on the floor and they pooped all over the sides. So I had to clean the cage again to get all the poop off the towels. I put the binder clips on like I usually do and swept up all the dirt. Thank you all for the complements. I made another liner out of the squared fleece that makes up their forest. That one looks even better. Cant wait to put it on.

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
lol thats funny!

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Nice job ! I love it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.