Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Fleece questions

katebkate

Cavy Slave
When I get some more money to spend, I will be building a c&c for my boys. And, I'd love to use fleece as bedding. But my mum says it's disgusting and she would never have it in her washing machine.

Now one benefit of fleece from my pov, is poo can be easily swept up daily, less bedding everywhere, looks nice.

From my understanding, you put your bedding under the fleece. Then when the pig pees, it goes through the fleece and into the bedding. Is this right?

How often do you wash it, and do you wash it like normal blankets?

lissie

Cavy Slave

YayPiggies

Cavy Slave
I put my polar fleece blankies over cotton towels. I only have one guinea pig living in a huge 3x6 cage, so I only wash it once every two weeks. When I do, I shake the linens outside to get the hair off and put it into the machine. I've never had a problem with my other laundry smelling gross. Good luck!

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
You could use puppy pads under the fleece, thats what I plan to do :cheerful:

Insanemomof3

Cavy Slave
I wash mine just like a blanket, it's swept off before going in the washer and then line dried. I made two so one can be in use while one is drying.
I've used fleece maybe a month now, and wash it every 5 days, but I do find it does smell. I guess I
Could wash it every three days.
I'm not sure I like this option but my large cage would cost to much to maintain with normal bedding.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.