Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Help, I want fleece Cage Bedding Please

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
Hi, I and so sick and tired of hanging bedding flying all over the place and sticking in my texel piggys fur! I want fleece!!!
Can anyone help me? I am unable to make my own fleece cage bedding so does anyone on this forum make fleece cage bedding or know where I can order it?
I am not looking to spend a whole lot, but I am willing to buy and pay shipping.

kathlaaron

Cavy Slave
Here is a few places, that I know of:

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

(broken link removed)

And here is the link for the absorbent u-haul furniture pads too:

U-Haul: Moving supplies: Furniture Pad

Most can't really afford the bedding liners...but many know where you can get them. I can't recall at the moment sorry....but as nice as those pre-made liners are-- they aren't really necessary, at least in my opinion. However, they sure are nice though ! I am sure other members who have them, can surely give you the link- if they see your post !

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
I dont have the link for the website but just go to Google and type in PiggyBedspread. That is the name of her business. She makes fleece cage liners and other little accessories for c&c cages. I started a thread a few days ago, the link is in there. I will find it and post it here for you.

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
LOVE those piggy bead spreads but omg they are PRICEYYYY

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
I dont want to make my own, I cant. Im looking for ones already made

z123carleigh

Cavy Slave
Well, you don't actually have to do any sewing to make fleece bedding. All you need is the fleece and something to put underneath it. I have old towels underneath my fleece, and they aren't sewn together. So all you have to do is buy the right amount of fleece.

SweetiePig

Cavy Slave
Thats not a bad idea (might try it) but I was hoping for more of a actual layered liner thats is made for the cage like the piggy bed spreads but those are just so pricey...

lissie

Cavy Slave
All of the ones I've seen are quite pricey. You could buy materials and hire a local seamstress to sew for you.

Here are some more online.
(broken link removed)
Welcome To Canadian Comforts
(broken link removed)

sonvrai

Cavy Slave
I am using fleece right now and it's just fleece top layer with a couple towels, not even sewn together. It works just fine, no smell, no mess and it looks pretty tidy (until the pig flings hay everywhere of course) :)
I bet most pre-sewn things are going to be expensive since they aren't commercial manufactured yet.

z123carleigh

Cavy Slave
Also, I chose not to sew mine into a bedspread because I thought they might be more difficult to wash and dry in those half size washers and dryers you often find in apartments. But, I can totally understand wanting the convenience of an all-in-on bedding. I have sewn liners for the little rooms in my cage and they are so easy to change out.

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
You don't have to sew the absorbent and waterproof layer to the fleece. I just sewed the fleece to fit the cage and cut the towelsto fit the cage and put my layer of newspaper down the bottom. Works fine

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.