Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed? Is my guinea pig a roan???

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
sorry i confused you. the black face and rump is just my other guinea pig, the older one. The abyssinian is the mother and the one with the ticked face hair is dad.

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
If the agouti is the dad, then he doesn't look roan to me either. Just the black and white one. Sorry I can't help more.

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
Your input was just what i wanted to know. Thanks so much. But do you know what breed the dad is? i cant find any mention about white body and agouti face anywhere. And also do you know if the black and white one is a dutch, cause her patches are not even like the other dutchs i see? thanks

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
No, the black and white one isn't a dutch. A dutch would have more black on it. Both short hairs are Americans.

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
i know they are american and that the other is abyssinian but i dont know what the name for their colouration is.

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
That's what theie color is. The dad is a agouti and white, the other girl would be a black roan? and white and the mother is a chocolate and white.

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
oh so they dont have a name? and roans are a different breed on their own. But is the abby a tortoiseshell?

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I think the roan is part of the color. I don't see three colors on the mom. It would be two shades of brown with white or black, white and brown. But, I'm not completely sure how it goes with piggums.

A breed would be American, crested, aby.

Last edited:

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
she has a light brown on the other side of her face,(the same color one of the babies have on their face), then the dark brown and white

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
Maybe she is then. I'm not good at colors. There is a baby boy at the rescue I have used that has a baby that looks a little like your baby black and white. But, he has some brown roaning in the black, maybe. I think his face is adorable.

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
my favorite baby is the black with the white legs and belt around its neck. It so soft.

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I wish you could ship the white with the black to me. lol

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
you should be able to find one out there. Do you have any?

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
At a rescue less than a mile from my work there is a baby boy that looks a lot like yours. I don't know how to copy and paste but the name is laguineapigrescue.com and his name is Lil Nono (I think).

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
you should get it. oh wow. those guys are cute. I wish we had a rescue here in my country. we only have one animal rescue and they mostly just have cats and dogs. If i had the money i would open a rescue of my own and sell c&c kits like they do. I swear i might be the only person in my country that has one. Its literally only one place that sells the coroplast and one place that sells the wire cube shelving. and its crazy expensive. I have no kids so i invest into my piggies. i just added some storage underneath their cage to make space for myself. and my male guinea pig for some reason sleeps on top of his house. I dont know why, he is a strange little guy

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
Sometimes they do that but I think your back and white girl is beautiful.

I don't know if my boys cage is big enough for three until I can make it bigger in two weeks.

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
Hey all. Sadly, I have to announce that I have lost my job due to the recession and I have to sell my guinea pigs. I cannot even afford to care for myself so I am forced to sell them. I just thought I would let you all know how things are going. I will screen my purchasers. Luckily, there are no snakes in my country so I know they will not be killed.

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry!! I wished you lived in California then I could help you and take one. I got the one baby from the rescue Lil Nono. Gotta think of another name.

longlostcurls

Cavy Slave
Oh wow thats nice. lil nono is not really a good name. I once had a male piggy that I named chico. My parents are going to let me keep 2 piggies though because they know i really love them. So i will be keeping mom and her daughter. I wish I could keep them all but vegetables are way to expensive for me to put on my parents. I spend about $50 a week just on their vegetables and then i have to get their bedding and toys. so i will just keep two. I put a post to sell the cage too but I forgot that I am actually keeping that for my two.

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
I hope you find them a good home.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.