Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Autumn had her pups on Christmas Eve

MaryGoodnight

Cavy Slave
Autumn had three beautiful pups around 6pm on Christmas Eve (pretty sure one boy and two girls) every one is fine, I was a little worried when I first saw one girl was all white but she appears to be albino not a lethal. They are tentatively named until I know the genders for sure) Spot, Chestnut and Snowy.

Shurrim

Cavy Slave
Aww they are cute ^.^ Happy everyone is ok.

Camerafreak

Cavy Slave
Merry christmas to everyone there! They are absolutely adorable just so you know. I would pignap them all if I could!

C. Cole-Chakotay

Cavy Slave
Christmas Eve babies! What a nice present.

andrea90

Cavy Slave
Awww *melts* the babies are so cute! Are you planning on keeping them? What a nice Christmas gift. :)

cam767

Cavy Slave
They are absolutely adorable!!!! Awww.... Keep us updated and show us pics as they grow. :)

louie_joey

Cavy Slave
So adorable! Please update us as they grow! :)

sdpiggylvr

Cavy Slave
You have absolutely adorable little 'uns! I'm glad you have healthy babies and a healthy mama. That's a gift in and of itself, isn't it?

Just a "by the way" - albino is not actually possible in guinea pigs. The proper term is "pink-eyed white" or PEW. ;)

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
What great Christmas Eve presents.

MaryGoodnight

Cavy Slave
Thanks guys,
man the babies grow quickly it seems like just yesterday they were born and now they are eating solid food ;-) It now looks like two boys and one girl, Spot and Snowy are boys and Chestnut is a girl. I'm keeping one of the boys (probably snowy, I have two PEW rats too, I love the coloring) so Chestnut and Spot will probably go up for adoption here in a few weeks (were in Kalamazoo, hint hint ;-)) with fee of $25 each to deter sneaky snake owners, adoption contract and all that jazz. If I can't place them to someone here (again hint hint) I'll also have some hand outs and a pre-adoption survey to check for cavy-preparedness and I won't let a new cavy owner have both of them (because they are different genders). It's easier than I thought it would be to think about rehoming the babies, but I adopted the momma figuring she was pregnant and the lady I adopted her from didn't need that worry about that on top of everything else (Autumn's mom was on her second back to back litter) I toyed with keeping them but I have seven right now (and two cats, and three rats) and short of building an ark I'm out of space. So if you are near southwest Michigan and want a piggy PM me.

trexgorawrrrrr

Cavy Slave
Mary, I'll take them all... No, I'm JK, but I wish I could. We ended up keeping our three babies, we couldn't part with them. So we're at 5 pigs, and then our puppy. I really hope someone on here will step-up. I had posted an add on craigslist to find homes (before we decided to keep them,) and we had such a hard time getting anyone to listen to what we had to say about cage, pellet, hay requirements. So, for your sake I hope that you find a cavy savy home for the both of them. I just love the markings on the white and brown with a lot of white, but big brown circle spots. Is that a male or female?

More pictures please! I should post some of my babies, they've grown.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.