Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Forages Chia Pet Grass

amcashes

Cavy Slave
Well Lauren gave me a link about growing grass and I have started my own pot today. I hope it comes out great. I am just a bit worried because I didn't use what was said. I used a storage container. (I used it because I have three girls and thought that they might need more.) I am also worried the sides may be to high on it.

amcashes

Cavy Slave
It is working they have the roots growing out of the seeds!! I am so happy. I didn't even use real seeds I went to whole foods and got wheat grass berries!!

Deb's4Pigs

Cavy Slave
Sounds great!! Let us know how they like them.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
The one on my poisonous plants list is Salvia reflexa aka Sage. I will have to update the list to reflect that.

I am unsure if the salvia hispanica is safe or not. It is not on any of the poisonous plants lists I use as a basis for my do not feed list but it's also unknown as to the safety of the plant. There are many types of salvia.

KenyaOkay

Cavy Gazer
I was thinking about chia pets because I live in duplex so I share the grass and my neighbors use chemicals in the grass and I don't want my piggies eating that. So I was thinking about getting them some chia or just growing grass in a little container (they might try to eat pottery)

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I don't know what kind of grass comes with chia pets, but you can find wheat grass seeds at any health food store and grow that.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.