Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

What breed? Straight haired Abyssinian?

CharmeC

Cavy Slave
A friend of mine got a guinea pig recently and she's puzzled by its look. It looks like an Abyssinian without any rosettes. She's wondering if it's a cross between American and Abyssinian, is that possible?

loveurpetalways

Cavy Gazer
Could be, but I can't be certain because i've never had an Abbyssinian and American cross, however it does have rather long hair so maybe it's a cross of Abbyssinian and Peruvian (dont know if that was spelt right).
Either way, the piggy is really cute, i'm sure your friend has nothing to be puzzled about, as long as its healthy then all should be fine :)

By the way, I couldn't help but notice that the piggy was on grids. That is horribal for a piggy. I sujest that be changed to smoth non grid flooring.

CharmeC

Cavy Slave
Either way, the piggy is really cute, i'm sure your friend has nothing to be puzzled about, as long as its healthy then all should be fine :)

The piggy is under treatment for parasites, another reason why people should not buy from pet stores :ashamed:.

By the way, I couldn't help but notice that the piggy was on grids. That is horribal for a piggy. I sujest that be changed to smoth non grid flooring.

I know! I've been bombarding her with the advantages of keeping pigs in a large coroplast cage so she will be making one soon.

leyley904
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

loveurpetalways

Cavy Gazer
Aww poor piggy, hopefully it feels better soon.
And good kee "bombarding her" :p C&C cages are the best for piggies :D

loveurpetalways

Cavy Gazer
I forgot to add, does this piggy have a friend? Let your friend no the full advantages of adopting :)
Except sometimes, pet stores are better :(
I say that because I adopted and later found out the spca gave me a sick piggy :(
Spent over 400$ on him to get him better, if the spca would have done or said something, he could still be with us.
R.I.P larry

cfoster1966

Cavy Slave
Looks like an abby silkie to me. :)

CharmeC

Cavy Slave
I forgot to add, does this piggy have a friend? Let your friend no the full advantages of adopting :)

It's a lone piggy but quite lively! My friend is planning on adopting a second piggy after this one is free of parasites.

Ted&Ham

Cavy Slave
You might as well tell your friend to use wire flooring and get a C&C cage. That must hurt the piggies feet!

But I don't know what breed it is! She or he is certainly adorable though.

zebraXqueen

Cavy Slave
My piggie almost has the same look!
She has hair that stands straight up on her shoulder blades and like half of her back, but then it goes down to normal for the rest of her back and butt!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.