Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

The babies were born!!! I have pictures!

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
Too cute :)
Congrats!

princesspoppy

Cavy Slave
So very cute. They look so plump. My 2 are 3 days old and skin and bone.

Huminbird

Cavy Slave
They are so cute and fun to watch, I have a chair by their cage just so I can sit and watch them. The mom has already taught them to popcorn! She was doing it a ton this morning while waiting for me to give her the fresh veggies. They follow her around and give these little hops and jumps and often look surprised afterwords. I wish I had a video of them but my camera doesn't do video.

They do look like capybaras, their nose, feet and ears all seem way to big for their bodies. Its amazing that they are so complete when they are born. Like mini mama with individual mini personalities. They have no fear either. Nelly seemed to have lost her skittishness after they were born, she used to startle every time I came around the corner, now she just looks at me like "are you going to feed me lettuce or what?"

I don't know her age, the family I got her from had gotten the piggy as a gift from a friend for their daughter and quickly found out that they really didn't want piggies. I am not sure at what point she got pregnant. I don't think the family I got her from had her for very long at all. I suspect the gift giver had babies, kept them together to long and brother or father got sister pregnant and then had their kids "gift" them out to others children. Lovely eh? So, she came with no real information.

That was one of the reasons I was starting to stress about the pregnancy. She is so young and so very small! I hope having babies hasn't stunted her growth, I know it can in other species. Most of my experience is with goats and cows I will admit.

Here is to a happy and healthy family ❤️

MissSofi

Cavy Slave
congratulations! They are beautiful:heart:

PiggieJewel

Cavy Slave
They are all just beautiful! I sure hope both babies are girls and you can keep them. Hey, just keep reminding your hubby that Piggies do better in pairs or groups. Sounds like mama is teaching her babies all the right stuff!

Now I have to find my pignapping bag and beat Ly to your house! :silly:

partygirlha

Cavy Slave
They are just adorable. And it seems that Nelly is a great mom.

wigglesgiggles1

Cavy Slave
How cute! I love the dark orange color! My Giggles is a peachy color.

Lady_Magoo

Cavy Slave
Adorable! Simply adorable! They remind me of my Little Red and my friend's Penelope! Penelope is more of an orange and Little Red is like a strawberry red color...She actually has the same shade of hair as my friend Katie! :)

Congrats! Please keep us updated on the little darlings and Mommy too! :)

twilightwheek

Cavy Slave
Aww! Congrats! They are super duper cute. I really love the coloring, & the fur on Momma is so fun!

guinea_gardiun

Cavy Slave
OMG THEY R ADORABLE !!!! they are so cute your very lucky to have such a pretty momma and such healthy babies :) i hop they are both girls

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.