Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Grow Your Own Growing Timothy Grass

Here's the pot (or planter saucer, hehe) of lawn grass that I grew using cotton balls that were stretched out to substitute for potting soil and a regular ol' planter saucer as a clear pot. Check out my thread if you want to know how to grow lawn grass right indoors in your home so that your piggies can graze on it right in the comfort of their own home. Best thing of all, you don't have to watch them while they're outdoors where there is predators and a lot of other dangers. I've grown neurotic that they'll suddenly get a bolt of courage and go storming off into the streets and get hurt by an oncoming car:( (I live in the city so I'm always worried about these things).

Growing Timothy Grass

Hurleyslave do ya mind sharing this website? :) after reading this I think I'm going to start growing too! Haha seems fun.

Do I mind? No of course not! It gives them more business if I tell you about them ;)

Here is the link:
Seeds Trust sells heirloom seeds, vegetable seeds, bulk wild flower seeds, ornamental grass seed, siberian tomato seeds and herb seeds to promote self-reliance and genetic preservation.

They sell bluegrass seeds (with several different varieties of bluegrass but I don't know how it's different so I just went with bluegrass meadow seeds), orchard grass seeds, timothy grass, and a whole bunch of other grasses that our piggies can eat! For me personally, I find that the prices are much more decent than anywhere else I looked at. Hope this helps.

Haha thanks! :)

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Im kind of new here with piggies. If you grow your own grass are you replacing the hay you should give them or is this grass an extra food that they need?

Im kind of new here with piggies. If you grow your own grass are you replacing the hay you should give them or is this grass an extra food that they need?

It's in addition to unlimited hay. Hay should never be replaced by anything.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.