Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Vegetables Green pepper bumps

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I just got an email stating:

Peppers with 3 bumps on the bottom are sweeter and better for (broken link removed). Peppers with 4 bumps on the bottom are firmer and better for (broken link removed).

Do you think this is true? I think I will buy some of each and do a test on the guinea pigs to see if they prefer the sweeter ones. Is this using them as guinea pigs, though? Is that wrong?

Kipsie

Cavy Slave
I never knew a pepper could have 3 bumps, only 4. And my pigs seem to like the ones with 4 bumps. I don't really think there is a significant difference unless you cook as a high-paying profession.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Well, if you google it, you get a ton of hits saying that 4-bump peppers are female and are full of seeds, so that if you're buying by the pound, you get more for your money buying 3-bump peppers. Also lots of hits on the 3-bump being sweeter and the 4-bump being firmer.

But I've gotta tell you, I love green peppers and have been eating them all my life, and if there's a difference in taste between the two, I've never noticed it.

Cogni

Cavy Slave
Hm, I've never seen a 3-bump bell pepper.

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
Oh, I never knew there was any difference! The seed thing makes sense now though, that I think about it- the 3 bumps have always had fewer...

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.