Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Wet Poop?

So I have noticed that my guinea pig has been having "wetter poop" than usual. It is so wet that when she runs in it, it gets smashed between her claws and I have to constantly keep giving her a bath Could it possibly be too much of a certain food?

Thanks guys!

Thanks
    Thanks
    104 Rec'd/67 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Wet Poop?

Mine have softer poops sometimes. They are not runny but soft enough for them to smash them under their feet. I think it might be the veggies. Sometimes, when they eat a lot of watery ones their poops get like that. Also, in my experience, if you introduce too many new things at once it can happen.

Thanks
    Thanks
    0 Rec'd/0 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah that makes sense, thanks!

Thanks
    Thanks
    104 Rec'd/67 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

May i ask what you are feeding her on a daily basis> Also, what do you use for bedding and how often do you change it? What size is her cage?
    Poopy feet happen occasionally, but in a clean large enough cage it shouldn't be all the time.
    In any case, you probably shouldn't bather her at all. if her feet are dirty, just take a wet washcloth and clean them. Piggies shouldn't bathe that much.

Thanks
    Thanks
    15 Rec'd/12 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wet poop is commonly because of too much watery vegetables. This isn't always the case, however, from personal experience my pigs tend to get more wet poop when I feed them too many wet veggies. I would try cutting back a teeny bit on the veggies until it clears up. If it still continues, I would take your piggie to the vet to make sure everything is ok. The poop should still be oval shaped, if they're not, definitely take a trip to the vet right away. I sometimes find my piggies stepping on their poop and making a mess.

User Tag List