Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Usagi

Catayn

Cavy Slave
Well, I've always loved all my pets the same way, but Usagi was the best of all...
He left us in the beginning of this year.
My husband and I took him for a walk in the park. He played so much that he ended up getting brown, so dirty he was.
We called the pet shop where he used to be bathed, but they were crowded. My husband found another one that (according to what they said) also bathed rabbits.
I took him there and, 3 hours later nobody had called yet. That was very strange, so I went there to find Usagi laid on a table with his tonge off the mouth. They said he didn't look OK and I told them to call the vet. They said the vet would only arrive in 6 hours and that there would be no exceptions.
I took him in my arms and rushed out of the pet store calling his vet and ran, literally with him to the vet. When we got there and the vet saw Usagi, I knew he was really bad.
After some exams, we knew he was in shock, dehydrated and with ribs and a bone in his front paw broken. Obvious signs of abuse and negligence. The vet said he'd be OK, but I could see in his eyes he was as worried as I was.
Usagi fought for 3 days and we stayed with him the whole time, until the end.
I've never talked about it since that horrible week, and I still cry over my baby Usagi... I feel so guilty and angry at those horrible people!

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss. Unfortunately your Usagi is not the only animal to have been killed by negligent grooming workers. I won't take my pets to be bathed anywhere because of how awful of stories I have heard.

Catayn

Cavy Slave
I'll never do that again...
Can you believe that I went there to tell them that they had killed my rabbit and they told me that Usagi was already sick when I brought him?
Ahn, I still see his little face, looking at me for the last second...
I know that we have good places where they do care for the animals the bathe, but I just can't trust anymore...
Last Saturday we bathed our rabbits and piggies and they were all so well, I couldn't help but crying over what happened to him...

xoLauraox09

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss =(

Tessa Bea

Cavy Slave
Can you believe that I went there to tell them that they had killed my rabbit and they told me that Usagi was already sick when I brought him?
Some people are just awful. :weepy:

MapleSyrup

Cavy Slave
Oh My, how awful.... I am very sorry for your loss. Now I know you know this, but never go there again, not for for your cats, guinea pigs, rabbits, I wouldn't go there for a dust bunny!

Catayn

Cavy Slave
Thank you guys. I really needed to get it out... I've been carrying this weight for so long (he died one day before my sister passed away) and I swear I dream with Usagi looking at me and asking why I didn't protect him. It's just so awful.
When we woke up the other day and he wasn't there it was even worse...
I tell everyone not to let people from pet shops bathe their pets, never, ever, ever, no matter how dirty they are. Wait until it's summer, and bathe them yourselves!

Penny

Cavy Slave
Oh I am so sorry for your loss.

BabySausage

Cavy Slave
That is horrible. I feel so sad, even though I don't know the piggy it seems like an extremely sad time for you. Those workers are abusive! I don't know how people like that live with themselves...It's terrible. Poor little Usagi, Rest in Peace. :love::love::love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.