Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

White pasty discharge?

BaysideBandGeek

Cavy Slave
Hey all, While giving my boys a trimming, I noticed this awful smell. It was comming from this white, thick, paste around the anus and penis. It wasn't oozing all over the place or crusted or anything, I just wiped it up with a Q-Tip (despite their wheeks of, "Stop violating me with that!") It didn't sem to hurt them, and they haven't been licking/scratching there constantly.

Both the boys have it, and I'm hoping its just some natural body fluid (pig "happy juice" maybe?)

Once I get my check Tuesday, I'm taking them both to the vet anyway, but just want a heads up in advance. Thanks.

BaysideBandGeek

Cavy Slave
That sounds about right, but they're not even 8 months old yet, and accoriding to the sites I've seen, it doesn't happen in younger males, mostly older males. I'm going to check it out though.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
It usually doesn't but it could. I would try doing that, It won't hurt them if it isn't that. They just may feel a little violated. But Dagwell didn't like it but he was very happy after he got all clean.

BaysideBandGeek

Cavy Slave
Well I did some swabbing and I didn't see any clumps. I'm hoping I was in "deep" enough. They sure thought I was :p I got some litter out of milo and cleaned it up (full of white discharge,) But I didn't see/feel any lumps.

I know it says you'll feel a harder lump when feeling their testicles and It'll feel harder than usuall. Well I don't exactly grab my pigs testicles on a regular basis, so unless it's a distinct feeling lump, I'm sure sure what I'm looking for.

Now I smell like pig butt. Poor boys. They will never look at Q-tip the same.

I'm still taking them to the vet, that way he can show me exactly what to do and what to look for.

Thanks you for your help though :) At least I know what I'm dealing with now.

Gosh does this stuff ever wash off your hands? I washed them like 3 times and I still smell like pig rectum. Uhg.

dagwellismypigy

Cavy Slave
lol that must be pleasent. I'm not sure about lumbs but when i did it i could see a color change in th q-tip i tried not to think about why...

BaysideBandGeek

Cavy Slave
Yeah, It was yellowish when I was done, but nothing extreme like green or brown. Poor pigs. Must suck to have all that stuff jammed up there.

I gave them veggies afterwards as a peace treaty :p

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.