Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Will this work?

pupsandpigs

Cavy Slave
I was wondering if I could use foam board instead of coroplast, as show here:
(broken link removed)
I am trying to get some coroplast tonight with my mom, and if that doesnt work, we might go and get some from a sign store, but I was wondering if I could use this because I saw this in Office Max last night and it was the right size for my 2x3 cage. I dont really think it will work, but if there is a way I can protect the sides from chewing could you please suggest it?

starshine123102

Cavy Slave
I don't think that would work at all. Your best bet is to find coroplast from a small privately owned sign shop. Tell them it's for a pig cage and they may give it to you for less. Ask if they have scraps (that are large enough for what you need though) as that may be cheaper too.

Also, the sites main page has a link on the left hand side as to where to find materials in your area. Might help to see if you can find some places and call them first and get a price before you drive out to get it.

pupsandpigs

Cavy Slave
yea. I didnt think that it would work. We are going to try to find a place that sells it tonight.

Tserisa

Cavy Slave
Just remember the foam board versus the PVC foam board are two different materials. I don't think the foam board pupsandpigs linked to would work.

Grisli

Cavy Slave
it might be.

Pupsandpigs: if the foamboard is sturdy and hard similar to plywood but made out of plastic then it's the same that I used. But if the middle is soft like a styrofoam I wouldn't use it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.