Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Popcorn Styles

Wheek Weak

Cavy Slave
Our piggies love the cage spot-cleaning time every evening. They've had their delicious meal, and an after-dinner nap...then - it's fiesta time! They're ready to party!

That's when they do their most acrobatic, energetic popcorning. We just have a blast during that time. It's like an Orville Redenbacher factory all over the room! They seem to know that laughing is good, because the more I laugh at them, the more they carry on and act silly!

I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed their piggie's particular popcorning style. All of our pigs have had their own unique way of popcorning, so we've given descriptive names to some of the antics, such as:

The Hydraulic: Rufus will just kind of lift up off of his legs a little bit several times before his feet finally leave the ground. It's like he has little hydraulic pumps that need primed before he actually pops up off of the floor!

The Helicopter: Otus does this one all the time. He pops up into the air and spins at the same time. One of these days, he's going to lift off and go flying!

The Bucking Bronco: This is another one that Otus is always doing. He'll rear up on his front legs, and then kick out his back legs like a bucking horse.

The Percolator: This is popcorning and making a sound like bubbles popping at the same time. Otus and TeeJay do this one.

The Bug: This is the scary one. When the piggy popcorns and falls over on their side for a couple of seconds kicking their feet. We never know whether to laugh or rush them to the vet! We've had several piggies do this one (and still do), but it's still a little nerve wracking.

The Slapstick: Otus is really bad about this one. He'll get so out of control with his popcorning that he will bump his head, or nose, on the water bottle or hay bin. That's when we have to pick him up, make sure he didn't hurt himself, and calm him down so he doesn't get so spazzy that he does get hurt!

The Launch: This isn't a common popcorn, but I added it because it's TeeJay and Ruby's special style of popcorning. TeeJay will be under the fleece tent, Ruby will walk on the outer part of the tent beside TeeJay. That will make TeeJay pop and cause Ruby to go flying off of the blanket about 4 or 5 inches away! Everytime they do that, I laugh so hard my stomach actually hurts!

These are just a few popcorn styles that our piggies do (among others). I'm sure their are as many popcorn styles as there are piggies to do them! lol

Nelli

Cavy Slave
When Precious popcorns she just springs into the air a few times while running. Patches alway does the bug. Lol.

Wheek Weak

Cavy Slave
Oh No...The Bug! Isn't that scary!?!

Actually, it's probably the most happy a pig can get. When you think about it...they get so happy and excited that they fall over! :)

steve_and_pigs

Cavy Slave
My bingley does:

The Spaz: He quickly twists his head side to side, then his belly and butt, while random leg kicks come shooting out in all directions. It looks like he's having a little fit.. Somehow, he manages to stay on his feet. If he's really happy, he'll whip of a series of these while he prances around.

Latte does:

The Stomp: She'll run around doing short, fast little hops, almost like every hop is a little pounce. She goes up and down like a little jackhammer as she stomps about.

Wheek Weak

Cavy Slave
Yeah - Rufus is like Latte. Once his Hydraulics kick into gear, he can't get the motor to stop!

I love it when they shake their heads from side to side. Sometimes they'll get a look on their face like..."where am I", "what was I just doing"?!

Gemiinii

Cavy Slave
My piggie Nana is the real popcorner, and she goes about it bronco style :D Jetta is more of a pop pouncer, like she's stalking prey or something!

ms pixie riot

Cavy Slave
Sid does the Percolator all the time. She's also a big fan of the Flying Leap... run halfway down the ramp, then jump as far as she can from there, and landing running.

Page likes to stretch up on her hind legs and -then- jump, and tries to land on her back feet. I don't even know what to call that!

Plant does the Hair Flip. Her hair is so long, and she does this little jump that makes it look like she's tossing her hair, like in a shampoo commercial.

Nancy is a Bucking Bronco girl, running around in crazed circles kicking up her heels!

Haley0489

Cavy Slave
Milo is half Percolator, half bucking bronco. I love it when he does his laps because he chuts the whole time. He and Norbert will race around the room like it's The Piggie Nascar 500 and all you hear are piggie steps and Milo's "engine sounds".

Norbert power-jumps over everything. I'm always amazed at how high he gets. I think I'll dub it "the rabbit".

Thor does the hydraulic most of the time, since he's a fat little pig :p It always seems like he's embarrassed and second guessing a full fledged popcorn "Do I really want to popcorn in front of everyone...yeee-no! Ok maybe I-nope. OK yes I do!" It's so funny because he kind of trots and shakes his head and his front feet may come off the floor sometimes, but you know he's really happy when he gets his entire piggie body up into the air! Those times are rare and sooo funny!

frashy

Cavy Slave
HAHA the bug! That just happend with Chauncey today!

When they do that, they quickly get up and act like nothing happend. Or they do some other popcorns, like that's what they ment to do.

Autaven

Cavy Slave
Thankfully never seen the Bug haha - would not really want to incase I took a small panic attack.

Mine all basically just dance around like mad, most like the Bronco I would think.

RyanR

Cavy Slave
Yeah, all my boys do the spaz.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.