Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Thinking about going back to free range!

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
OK, so I am getting new piggies and thought it would be good if I could go back to free range through the day. My main problem would be setting up and packing away. I need some ideas of someway I can just set it up in at the most 15 mins and take it down really quickly. I was thinking some cozys, sleep bags, tunnels, tabble tennis balls, hay bins ect so I just need to collect it up, sweep the room and thats it, everything is put away. I have lino on my room floor so its easy to sweep and clean ( I wont be puting down any blankets for them to walk on because they can get a good grip on the lino. )

So yeh I just need some ideas on what I can use thats easy to set up and put away! *Note to self: clear floor and piggy safe door AGAIN* lol

Astrantia

Cavy Slave
Sorry to butt in your thread, I just have a bit of a random question!

Don't you find when you give them free roaming that they pee and poo all over the carpets!? I would love to let my pigs run completely free, but the clean hygiene freak in me could not bare pee all over the carpet!!!

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
I think your floors are great for your piggies. It looks like fun! Once you get all of their toys out they will have a blast! :)

I wish I had lino. in my kitchen! I am planning on giving my piggies free range in my kitchen. I have old carpeting that is all warnout. I think I will try to see if giving them a few litter pans will work and just let them use the carpeting as their flooring. I have a really good carpet shampooer that can be used once a day for cleaning. It only takes an hour for the floor to dry. So, I can put them up in a cage for a few hours a day to get my cleaning of the floor done!

i-love-nev

Cavy Slave
I think your floors are great for your piggies. It looks like fun! Once you get all of their toys out they will have a blast! :)

I wish I had lino. in my kitchen! I am planning on giving my piggies free range in my kitchen. I have old carpeting that is all warnout. I think I will try to see if giving them a few litter pans will work and just let them use the carpeting as their flooring. I have a really good carpet shampooer that can be used once a day for cleaning. It only takes an hour for the floor to dry. So, I can put them up in a cage for a few hours a day to get my cleaning of the floor done!

I found that if I give the pigs 2 hay trays and a few trays with just newspaper or shreddded newspaper or even carefresh, they use that to pee! Of course you will always find the odd pig poop coz "when they gotta go they just go!" lol

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.