Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Roan Guinea Pigs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

catipig

Cavy Slave
I had the same concern about Petey, our roan piggy (may he rest in peace).

So I asked about it on GuineaLynx, and they told me that being a roan pig, in and of itself, is not a problem. It's only if they breed with another roan (or dalmation) pig that can be the cause of lethals being born.

Since we do not breed in any way, shape, or form; that put our minds at ease that we didn't have to worry about Petey having health issues due to being a roan.

Thanks for this. My pig is roan (although the light hair has been shedding out lately) and I was a little anxious until you posted this.

Wheek Weak

Cavy Slave
Your welcome, catipig.

I know how you feel. I was so worried about Petey when we found out that he was a roan. I started imagining all kinds of horrible things happening to him!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
So I bossed people around about bossing people around about bossing people around? I thought they said they would have made their username that. I was confused! The way they went about telling people what to do and telling people to lock stuff was just bossy and rude in tone.

I have PMS. Inappropriate infos.

The ONLY people who get to "boss" people around on this forum are the Admins/Moderators. It's not the members jobs. I've seen a couple people on this thread telling members what to do regarding rules and it's not for you guys to do. Leave the moderating to us moderators.

Status
Not open for further replies.