Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Floor time - advice needed please

Char-x

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I'm not sure if this question has been asked before but the cages I'm going to be building will take up most of my room. There will be a tiny amount left but they are taking up I'd say about 80% with my bed being another 10%.

How can I do floor time? Theres a tiny square of extra floor they could roam about in, but I'm abit miffed about what to do really. There cages will be huge. (2 girls in a 7x4 with 7x1 and 1x1 levels) and one male and possibly soon a friend in a 3x4 with 2x2 section and 3x1 level)...I can't take them downstairs into a big room such as the Living Room due to the dogs, there is my mums room as a change of scenery?

What would you all recommend? Big cages with small floor time, and sometimes able to go into my mums room for a change of sceneary OR smaller cages with more space when their out? Thanks :)

Butterscotch2

Cavy Slave
Do your dogs mind being outside for a while? Maybe you could still keep the cage and have the floor time downstairs, while having the dogs outside. I don't know where you live, but it might be cold so maybe you could lock them out of a specific room you are going to have floor time in. Also, it would be cool if you posted pictures on here to see the new cage when done.

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Ya, you could always lock the dogs out if you have a fenced yard and climate weather, if not you could always lock the dogs in a different room of the house. I'd definetly go for the big cages though because they will spend more of there time in them.

Char-x

Cavy Slave
I live in England so I don't think my dogs would be allowed to be locked outside, as it's either too hot or too cold. I did speak to my mum about letting them in her room and she said she would rather not since the dogs sleep in there and she doesnt want them go mental when they sniff them. She has given me permisson to use the dining room though which is good so I'll probably just do that if they need a change.

I will make sure I changed their cage around alot too, so they dont get too bored.

buttons

Cavy Slave
That sounds great! I'd keep the large cages too. Your guinea pigs will be spoiled!

Char-x

Cavy Slave
I hope they realise how spoilt they are...very excited though as I ordered the cubes from Robert May today (apparently they will always stock them as they are one of their most popular products - thank god!) £169...and then we ordered the fleece from Tesco direct for £57. :D

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.