Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Floor time, destroy time

Treacle

Cavy Slave
Hi, when I put my two female piggies on floor time I put a towel where I know they are going to poo and a cardboard box with hay, so they don't make much of a mess. But as soon as they get there they start chewing on the towel takin threads out, bitting and breaking the cardborad box, moving the cozy around and upside down. I mean, the seem to be haing great fun :( but is this normal?

I use the same hidey house that they have on their cage. That is the only thing they respect!

QuackXP

Cavy Slave
I dont think chewing on the towel is good for them the cardboard should be fine but im sure someone else will be along to back me up or prove me wrong. My pigs rearange there cage every day. I usually just let them go until they screw it up so bad that they cant do laps. Asside from the towel id let them have there fun.

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
I don't think the towel is good, either. I would take that out and give them more cardboard to destroy. I'm sure a local wine shop or something would have lots of boxes they would let you have.

Treacle

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the advice. I will remove the towel and put more cardboard boxes for them to poo. I have no problem with the suplies, for some reason there is always boxes around the house from the things we buy or order on the internet lol But how do you protect the floor from wees then?

socal805

Cavy Slave
Put down a pastic shower curtain or tarp and then put either fleece or an old sheet or blanket on top. Cover the entire floor where they are playing and your floor underneath should be fine.

QuackXP

Cavy Slave
I created a 4x7 grid pen for floortime by hooking grids up with cable ties. This allows me to colapse it down to store. Firs I put down a sheet of plastic, then a bedsheet and then the grids on top of it. They can't get to the edge of the sheet so they dont chew if yours will still chew you may want to find something harder that you can roll up for the base.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.