Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pet health insurance?

PhoenixFeather

Cavy Slave
Does anyone have health insurance for their piggies? It seems like it might be a good idea considering all the people here who have said they've had $200 vet bills for a piggy. One site I found looked like it would be about $75/year for a cavy but I couldn't really figure out what was or wasn't covered, and how much you'd still have to pay out of pocket. But if it were decent, it would be easier to plan/budget $75/year than roll the dice and hope your piggies don't need much care.

Anyhow, if anyone in the US has insurance and can recommend a good plan, I'd be interested in learning about it.

Macha

Cavy Slave
I have actually looked for insurance for guinea pigs. The U.S. seems to have only one company which covers them. The U.K. seems to have a whole bunch. I didn't get into what they covered because to insure a pet, the one place said I have to have them for at least 6 months first.

*edit* Oh, and the guy I talked to said he had just sold insurance to someone for two piggies and it cost about $12/month total.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.