Thanks
    Thanks
    19 Rec'd/15 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Pet health insurance?

Does anyone have health insurance for their piggies? It seems like it might be a good idea considering all the people here who have said they've had $200 vet bills for a piggy. One site I found looked like it would be about $75/year for a cavy but I couldn't really figure out what was or wasn't covered, and how much you'd still have to pay out of pocket. But if it were decent, it would be easier to plan/budget $75/year than roll the dice and hope your piggies don't need much care.

Anyhow, if anyone in the US has insurance and can recommend a good plan, I'd be interested in learning about it.

Cavy Slave
    Thanks
    Thanks
    3 Rec'd/2 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Pet health insurance?

I have actually looked for insurance for guinea pigs. The U.S. seems to have only one company which covers them. The U.K. seems to have a whole bunch. I didn't get into what they covered because to insure a pet, the one place said I have to have them for at least 6 months first.

*edit* Oh, and the guy I talked to said he had just sold insurance to someone for two piggies and it cost about $12/month total.

User Tag List