Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Sinus Pneumonia

Hansel

Cavy Slave
Since this past Wednesday Kevin my b/f has had sinus pneumonia. He started on antibiotics Thursday and started to feel better about yesterday. My question is this: I am making plans to expand my cage (WHOO HOO) and he will be helping me since he is very handy! Im getting quite antsey to start but I dont want my piggers catching anything from him (if that is possible). He hasent been playing with or petting them since he started getting sick. Would that be something that would be ok to start today or tomorrow? Or should I wait a little longer?

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
If it's mostly viral, it shouldn't be a problem. If he has anything bacterial going on, he needs to keep away from the piggies as they can catch bacterial infections.

aqh88

Cavy Slave
If he's on antibiotics and it's a sinus infection then it's bacterial and the pigs have a chance of catching it. Although the chance doesn't seem quite that high because I had lots of problems with sinus infections before and the pigs lived in my room without getting sick. I solved my problems but now Chris has gotten 3 sinus infections in the past 2months and been on 2 different types of antibiotics.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.