Thanks
    Thanks
    7 Rec'd/4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sinus Pneumonia

Since this past Wednesday Kevin my b/f has had sinus pneumonia. He started on antibiotics Thursday and started to feel better about yesterday. My question is this: I am making plans to expand my cage (WHOO HOO) and he will be helping me since he is very handy! Im getting quite antsey to start but I dont want my piggers catching anything from him (if that is possible). He hasent been playing with or petting them since he started getting sick. Would that be something that would be ok to start today or tomorrow? Or should I wait a little longer?

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator Ly&Pigs's Avatar
    Thanks
    Thanks
    5,207 Rec'd/1,908 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: Sinus Pneumonia

If it's mostly viral, it shouldn't be a problem. If he has anything bacterial going on, he needs to keep away from the piggies as they can catch bacterial infections.

Thanks
    Thanks
    133 Rec'd/114 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Sinus Pneumonia

If he's on antibiotics and it's a sinus infection then it's bacterial and the pigs have a chance of catching it. Although the chance doesn't seem quite that high because I had lots of problems with sinus infections before and the pigs lived in my room without getting sick. I solved my problems but now Chris has gotten 3 sinus infections in the past 2months and been on 2 different types of antibiotics.

User Tag List