Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello.😊

Pookiegirl122

Cavy Slave
My name is Chatell, and I have two piggies. Hello.😊Hello.😊The baby, and Gus Gus.:)

Aww those are some cute piggies!!! I love the photo of the baby in the crib, it's making my heart melt :love:

Does the baby have a name, or his name just The Baby? I once had a baby boy (I unintentionally adopted a pregnant girl into my herd) so I called him The Boy until he was adopted, because I didn't want to get attached, but that doesn't seem like it's the case here. And if he's on the market for a name, I know there are like a million people who would totally try to help you with that and would really enjoy it :)

It is in need of a name, lol. I'm thinking its a girl, it had a sibling but it passed away on Saturday.): I was holding off on a name, because I thought maybe it died from being sold too young? But "the baby" seems to be doing great!

Oh my god I'm so sorry about your other baby, I lost a girl on Sunday but she was older and had health problems so it wasn't unexpected. Losing a baby would be awful :love:

I assume Gus Gus is a boy? If you can get a good clean picture of the baby's genitals (and Gus Gus's, if you're unsure) we can often help in determining whether it's a girl or boy. Is the plan for the baby to live with Gus Gus?

I'm sorry for your loss too.:love: Yes Gus Gus is a boy.:) and no they will be living separately if it's a girl.

I'd determine gender now. Females are fertile at 4 weeks and even if it's younger than that, there's no reason to house an adult male with a female of any age.

Hello.😊Sorry it's not the best picture...

Could you manage to get a clearer close up? We need pictures that are more like the ones on this site to be able to tell the difference properly: (broken link removed). Would it be easier if someone else took the photos? Or maybe you could try supporting him/her upright in a human-like sitting position on the table with his/her tummy facing towards you?

A aah adorable piggies! What beautiful, healthy cavies! And welcome to the forums!

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Your piggies are so beautiful and/or handsome. I love Gus Gus's coloring. The baby is adorable too. There are several links, including the one(s) provided, to help determine gender. If you'd rather have a vet do it, I believe some veterinarians do it free of charge. Good luck!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.