Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Canada Peruvians

Guinealea

Cavy Slave
I would really love to find a Peruvian to adopt on Vancouver Island, BC or even on the mainland but it is proving to be almost impossible. Does anyone have any connections/knowledge of where I might find one?

sallyvh

Cavy Slave
I know nothing about locations in Vancouver but after a quick search I found a couple long haired guinea pigs through the BCSPCA. I have no idea if any of these are within a good distance from you but you can check them out none the less!

If you scroll down a bit it says "Where can you find me?" and has the shelter they are located at.

https://bcspcapets.shelterbuddy.com...+Animals&tpage=1&searchType=4&animalid=225115

https://bcspcapets.shelterbuddy.com...+Animals&tpage=1&searchType=4&animalid=227971

Both of these come with a bonded companion, but hey, two are better than one! :) Sorry if these are way far away from you, as I said, I have no idea about locations in BC as I am from Southern Ontario.

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
O gosh Rooky is such a cutie and I love the other ones fluffy coat! I would definitely adopt one of them!

daisy1cow

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
I would take them too!!!!
Woody is a texel, and Rooky is Peruvian for sure. Super cute!!!

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Woody's bonded buddy Asher is also long-haired, I can tell exactly what breed from that photo but they both have long hair. Rooky's buddy is a shorthair but she's still adorable and if you wanted girls they would be better for you.

Razzle

Cavy Slave
They should not be sharing a home with bunnies.

pigger123

Cavy Slave
Oh I didn't watch that video so I didn't realize they were kept with rabbits. That's bad.

pinky

Cavy Slave
If you get a long haired guinea pig, expect to spend a lot of time grooming it. After having texels, I prefer the shorter haired breeds because they're easier to maintain. They're beautiful but they're dependent on their owner to keep them looking that way.

guineapigcraz27

Cavy Slave
Yeah I didn't watch the video ether. It is bad that they kept them with bunnies but nevertheless you should still adopt one of the pairs.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.