Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Gp keep getting under fleece!

Roxymarie365

Cavy Slave
Everyday when I get home one or two of my pigs (99% of the time it's my two girls Momo and Carmen) are under the fleece! I feel so bad because I don't know how long they've been in there and if they are able to get out again. I have tried to use binder clips, rocks, and hidey houses to stop my naughty GP from going under the fleece. I'm starting to think they do it just to get on my nerve's (because they can read minds :p). If you have any tips or other ways to use the fleece that would be great! I don't like bedding (it gets all over my carpet) and would like to stay with fleece.

P.S. Haven't been on in awhile so HI!:grouphug:

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Is your fleece big enough to wrap over the sides of the coroplast, or at least under the underlayer? If you can get all the fleece edges turned under or pulled over something, that might help. Also, just throw a couple of pieces of fleece in there and let them burrow in it.

pnp26

Cavy Slave
I had the same exact problem and I just sewed sides onto the fleece and now it goes over the Coroplast so they cannot get under at all, it has worked perfectly and saved me a huge headache

Roxymarie365

Cavy Slave
What if you made a cage liner that had sides that go over the side of the cage?
I think it's the kind they have at PiggyBedSpreads.com Making Your Guinea Pig's World a Beautiful Place!
Hope this helps!

WOW! What an amazing idea! I will definetly get one of these! There is only 1 problem: My pigs are currently living in 2 petstore bought cages that I combined (horrible mistake of buying these fancy looking litter pans). :ashamed: I have three pigs living in the cages and I don't think they have enough space AT ALL! I am for sure getting a C&C cage for Christmas though. I will definetly get the Piggy BedSpreads too. Thank you soooo much for the idea! It will help me greatly in the future. :)

Roxymarie365

Cavy Slave
Great Idea! I will fold it under the towels and hopefully they won't get too nosey around the fleece. I have a few blankets of fleece in their already (they are cut up pieces in corners where they like to relax) but they don't go underneath them or anything. Kind of strange. Thanks for the idea!

Roxymarie365

Cavy Slave
Thanks for your help! I'm not the best with a sewing machine but I have a couple of family members that can sew. Thank you so much again!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.