Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Lump tiny bump on nose

MaggieMae

Cavy Slave
I noticed the other day Maggie has this tiny little thing on her nose that she didn't have previously. I have no idea how to describe it.

She is black, and for a while I would look at her and think she had a little tiny fleck of something in her fur. I've been REALLY busy lately so it didn't quite click for a couple days that she always had it in the same spot. When I hold her she likes to look around the room so you don't really stare at her nose.

When I finally looked it is like, this tiny little seed bead sized lump/flap of skin sticking out from the area between her nose and her mouth.

It doesn't particularly have any mass. Its more like this weird tiny little flap of skin.

It doesn't look like an injury but at the same time I have no idea where it came from. I guess I am just bringing this up here because I feel like it is either nothing or a symptom of a bigger problem.

It doesn't bother her when I touch it other than the fact that I'm touching her nose. She whines about anything and everything so if it bothered her she would have been whining when I touched it.

I don't know. Its just bothering me now. Any ideas?

MaggieMae

Cavy Slave
My guess would either be mouth sores-- https://www.guinealynx.info/cheilitis.html or fungus-- https://www.guinealynx.info/fungus.html

Keep in mind that the pictures in the links above are the extreme cases.

It looks like it could possibly be a very very mild form of cheilitis but the little tiny bump is skin colored. I don't know.....

How serious a problem is that? Is there anything I can do for it now?

She doesn't have anything causing her problems eating and I looked in her mouth and it all looks fine from what I can see.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.