Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Rest in Peace my little Macie

• Thread starter AmandaErlandson
  • Start date

AmandaErlandson

Cavy Slave
My little Macie passed away tonight. She got sick very quickly. Yesterday she wasn't eating much & I got her out last night and hand fed her some romaine. Today is my morning that I have a sitter come and sit with all my kids and I go run errands. I was running late getting out the door so I gave them their veggies but didn't check on either of them. When I got home this afternoon I went to go check on her and she had no poos in her hidey and was walking funny & very laborsome. I called the vet and told them I was on the way. The vet dianosed her with a URI & ear mites. She gave me drops and a antibiotic. I asked about a probiotic and she said they just suggest using yogert (?!) I would really like some advice on that one because I thought they were lactose intolerant. Anyhow... We got home & I got my kids fed & gave her the meds and pellet mush. I put her back in her cage and thought to myself that she wasn't gonna make it through the night. I prayed over her that God would either heal her or help her pass quickly & painlessly. About 10 minutes later I went to check on her and she had passed away. I am thankful that my prayers were answered. Pray for, send positive thoughts, or whatever you believe for my girls. They are 5 & 8 and madly in love with Macie. They were already asleep when she passed, I have to tell them in the morning. They are gonna be heartbroken. She was gone to soon. At least the last couple weeks of her life were fun & happy.

lissie

Cavy Slave
I am very sorry for your loss.

rdoyle

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Im sry I lost Mojo Like that but he die on route to the Vet.

JD In Van

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry for your loss.
And you're correct they should NEVER be given yogurt.

Catayn

Cavy Slave
Oh that's so sad, I'm sorry for your loss.
I'll prey for you to have wisdom in how to tell your girls about it.

Duffinvt

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I am so very sorry for your loss.

veganpiggy

Cavy Slave
I'm sorry. It's always so hard to loose a pet. I'll be thinking of you and your girls. Hugs for all or you!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.