Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Fleece Newpaper on top of fleece?

arionat799

Cavy Slave
So knowing that guine pigs "eliminate waste and feces" in their hideys a lot, would it be ok to put newspaper under the hidey? Since newspaper isn't all that absorbant I figured the pee would go through to the fleece which would wick it to the towels. Then I could just roll up the newspaper everyday. Would this work? Or would carefresh on top of newspaper w/ fleece underneath work? Or should I just hav carefresh and newspaper by themselves in tht 1 spot or like hav a litter bok ther? Thanks lol I'm tired sorry...but ya hepl is appreciated thanks :)

lissie

Cavy Slave
Newspaper will get messy. You can wrap a small piece of fleece over a folded hand towel and place it under the hidey. Change it daily.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Newspaper totally defeats the purpose of the fleece. It won't work well, will leave the pigs on wet bedding, and will be a mess to clean up.

If you're using fleece, make a few small fleece pads by sewing fleece to towels or mattress padding and put those under the hidey. They can be changed as often as necessary without having to change the whole cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.