Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

General Wet Poop?

JordynThePiggie

Cavy Slave
So I have noticed that my guinea pig has been having "wetter poop" than usual. It is so wet that when she runs in it, it gets smashed between her claws and I have to constantly keep giving her a bath :grumpy: Could it possibly be too much of a certain food?

Thanks guys! :D

Lil Fella's Mom

Cavy Slave
Mine have softer poops sometimes. They are not runny but soft enough for them to smash them under their feet. I think it might be the veggies. Sometimes, when they eat a lot of watery ones their poops get like that. Also, in my experience, if you introduce too many new things at once it can happen.

JordynThePiggie

Cavy Slave
Yeah that makes sense, thanks!

Lil Fella's Mom

Cavy Slave
May i ask what you are feeding her on a daily basis> Also, what do you use for bedding and how often do you change it? What size is her cage?
Poopy feet happen occasionally, but in a clean large enough cage it shouldn't be all the time.
In any case, you probably shouldn't bather her at all. if her feet are dirty, just take a wet washcloth and clean them. Piggies shouldn't bathe that much.

Ilovemypiggies1

Cavy Slave
Wet poop is commonly because of too much watery vegetables. This isn't always the case, however, from personal experience my pigs tend to get more wet poop when I feed them too many wet veggies. I would try cutting back a teeny bit on the veggies until it clears up. If it still continues, I would take your piggie to the vet to make sure everything is ok. The poop should still be oval shaped, if they're not, definitely take a trip to the vet right away. I sometimes find my piggies stepping on their poop and making a mess.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.