Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog A Heartwarming Story

Blog entry from old forum

Chayna Renee

Cavy Slave
I have a guinea pig named Milton. I actually rescued him when he was a baby. The owner got the pig for their kid and then the kid didn't want it. It didn't care for it anymore so they dropped it off in the MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT in front of a rescue. Of course it wasn't warm outside. I don't know how he made it through the night but he did. He was in a box. Which was soaked in his urine and he had poop everywhere. NO food. NO water. No nothing. So the rescue took him in and cared for him. When he got a vet appointment they put him up on Pet Finder. I was actually going there to donate some of the extra food that my guinea pig did not eat since my other one that liked it had died. She started telling me what had happened to Milton. I was so heart broken. I offered to take him because he was just a little baby and he had already been through a lot. So I did. She gave me a little carrier and told me to return it the next time I came back (which I go there quite frequently). I took him home and put him in one of my spare cages so I wouldn't get my other pig sick. When I put him down in the cage he walked around and was seeing where he was. He sniffed the veggies I put in there, looked at the hay rack and ate some little pieces of it. Then he decided to go behind his house in the corner and he just sat there. I looked at his foot at it looked like he was standing on the elbow of it. So I picked him up and looked at it. He wasn't a fan of it but I thought that there was something wrong with it which there was. He has a deformity on his front left leg. He also does not have feeling in his leg either. He walks on his elbow and hobbles around.
I got him out the next morning and I held him for a few minutes. He was actually very sweet. He sat on my stomach and he talked away. He didn't seem nervous at all. After I got home from school I decided to hold him for a bit and he decided to lay down on me. I was not even touching him or anything because I was trying too call someone and I felt him move then I moved my phone from out in front of my face and he was just laying there. It is like he was just trying to find someone that he could be comfortable with. Someone that would show him love. I mean he is still just a baby. It was just so cute. How he trusted me so quickly. After he had been neglected for so long. That poor baby. I mean since I have him there is no way what so ever that he is getting neglected. I feed him and his buddy three times a day, they have unlimited hay, they get treats every 3 days. They are really spoiled. They absolutely love each other too! I have two pig-loos that are meant for one pig instead of two and they cram themselves in there and cuddle with each other. Even though I have a house for them that holds two pigs they choose the igloos for some odd reason. Probably because it is cooler in them. Anyway, I just wanted to share his story because it is truly heartwarming. I am glad that I got this pig at such a young age. He was just looking for that special someone that he could trust and love. And that is me. So coot.

That is so cool! Do you know if you will end up keeping him for good?

Oh yeah. I am definitely keeping him. There is no way I am giving him up to her and taking a chance on him going to a bad family again. He's such a sweet pig.

That's soo sweet! I just want to give Milton a big cuddle! And you a great big hug!

Aww! way to go chayna! I am so happy for milton! Be assured he is definitely in a good home now ;) . It seems like you are doing a wonderful job with him! nd your piggies seem to be loving his company as well. Great job!

You where at the right place at the right time. Some people just don't think when getting a pet for there child. Also if he had problems with his legs then the kid probably thought this was odd.
Milton is definately with the best owner, so glad he has you :love:

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.