Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog New Pigs and New Cages

Blog entry from old forum

LifeAsItMayBe

Cavy Slave
Last week, on the 17th, I adopted two more guinea pigs from the Animal Shelter! I hadn't been planning on getting any more pigs for a while, but I saw a video of these girls on a friend's Facebook and fell in love. :love: They looked so sweet and well behaved with the shelter volunteer!

Their names at their previous home were Lilly and Ellie. I am keeping Lilly's name, but Ellie's name will change since I already have an Elli. Several people have suggested "Daisy," and it seems like a pretty good fit except I know a lot of dogs with that name already. Plus it reminds me of cows for some reason. :p So far I mostly refer to her as "Little Pig" or "Dainty Pig," since she is so petite and polite.

The new girls are currently living in a plastic storage tub (about 3 sq.ft.), but tomorrow I am making them a C&C cage. If all goes well I will end up with two stackable 2X5 grid cages, one for the new pigs and one for the original trio. I haven't quite figured everything out yet, I still need to decide if I will use the plastic connectors (along with a ton of zip ties) and decide if a storage area underneath the cages will be feasible or not. I would love to continue to store hay and bedding under the cages instead of moving it out to the garage.

If everything works out, I will try to post some pictures (or even a video!) of the new cages tomorrow.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.