Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Guinea Pig products for Little to no money

Blog entry from old forum

CavyLover88

Cavy Slave
Maybe you are getting a new guinea pig or you already have some Well I am going to give you a list of things you can use

1. My favorite product is Doggie waste bags at the dollar tree. There great for spot cleaning if you don't use a vacuum. https://www.dollartree.com/Paws-N-Claws-Dog-Waste-Bags-with-Dispensers/p330197/index.pro

2. A Hay Bag, I made mine out of old jeans it's very simple and you don't really need to be an expert sewer.

3. If you need fleece I suggest going to goodwill and thrift stores or the rement section at joanns trust me it will save you TONS of money.

4. Craigslist, you can find barely used piggloos or tunnels (just make to clean them first)

5. If you need old towels ask around My family had tons and were willing to give them all to me.

cupid_xoxo

Cavy Slave
Great blog! A few more tips, I am a member of all the pet stores, they email me coupons and they email me when they have sales. Also, I save all the small boxes from work and from around the house (especially the long pop can boxes, they make great tunnels). Toilet paper rolls also make great toys. When saving money with your pets you have to get creative lol

Kenna18155

Cavy Slave
How did you make your hay bag?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.