Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Ruka has diarrhea?

Blog entry from old forum

Danivia

Cavy Slave
Hello!

I've had Ruka and Izzy for almost a year now, and everything has been fine until a few days ago.. Ruka began to have loose stool, now I looked this up and many others say that their stool smells very very bad but hers doesn't at all. I got very worried and just cleaned out both of their cages and have separated them. Now, I don't know if I need to schedule an appointment at the veterinarian or not. I'm incredibly nervous now, she seems to have loose stool on her bottom when I look at her also. She is not less active than she once was or anything like that. I'm just not sure what caused it.

P.S. I also have been giving both watermelon and handfuls of grass lately also. Does this cause it
:confused:

richguinea

Cavy Slave
Hey Danivia, i might be a little bit late. But maybe for future reference, (broken link removed). In this situation you could decrease their intake of plant matter and increase their intake of timothy hay, as it promotes a healthy digestive system. I don't watermelon was the cause, unless it was an excessive amount of watermelon. As for the grass, was it wheat grass (cat grass) or just regular backyard grass?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.