Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Meet the Tucker Herd!

Blog entry from old forum

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Hello, Everyone!

I am able to blog now and I am so very excited about that! What can you expect from this blog? Well basically you can see the week to week lives of my herd of cutsey petutsey piggies!

Meet the Herd!

1016302_720323307988541_1071068966_n.jpg

We have Jasmine, Dutchess, Madea, Minerva and Splinter!

A Brief History:

Jasmine
1618669_727147290639476_1933771360_n.jpg

Jasmine came with Minerva and Splinter from a woman who had an accidental pregnancy and couldn't keep all her guinea pigs. She became part of the family January 17th 2014. To be honest, I am not sure of her age but, I am guessing she's 2. She wasn't really taking the best of care of them because she wasn't feeding then veggies (just apples), and had like 7 guinea pigs in one small pet store cage. Thankfully though, the only damage done, is Jasmine is super skittish (and Minerva) and Minerva has a slight head tilt because of an injury to her right eye.

Jasmine's favorite veggie, I would say, is cherry tomatoes and least favorite is curly parsley! She's not hugely fond of lap time or cuddles, but she does like to take food from my hand when she's in her cage! Her favorite place in the cage is under the fleece forrest!

Dutchess

Dutchess came to be apart of the family January 6th 2013 and is 2 years old. I don't know her exact birth date though because she came to me, along with Madea, from a woman who was tired of taking care of her brother's unwanted guinea pigs. She was taking good care of them, except the two were in a larger/but too small pet store cage, and didn't feed veggies...though I think was because she didn't knew the benefits of veggies.

Dutchess, I have to say, with a twinge of guilt...may be my favorite guinea pig, though I don't show favoritism! She loves loves, loves to come to the cage and take food from my hands. She would prefer to do that than take it from her bowl. She loves the little flowery pieces in the hay! She wheaks when it's time for veggies and when she wants out of the cage for cuddle and lap time. She isn't really skittish at all unless a loud noise happens or something. Dutchess doesn't really have a favorite veggie...she loves all things edible, lol. Though she won't eat cherry tomatoes unless they are sliced. Dutchess is 2 years old.

1497504_718449038175968_339554416_n.jpg
(Madea on the left, Dutchess on the left)

Madea

Madea is a cuddly piggy as well and she loves lap time. Her favorite place in the cage is right under the hay rack. She's definitely the head honcho of the palace, though not really a bully...unless another one of the girls tries to share a cuddle sack. During cuddle and lap time, Madea loves to lick my hands and arms. It may be because of the salt on my skin, but I choose to believe it's because she loves me, LOL. Madea is 2 years old. Her favorite veggie is cilantro and least favorite is zucchini!

Minerva
1794826_724265534260985_2022655783_n.jpg

Minerva is a little over 2 months old and still super skittish. She still loves to take food from my while in her cage but wheaks to go back in when I hold her for lap time. I am hoping with lots of love, some patience and time, she'll come around. Her favorite veggie is carrots and least is cilantro. She loves to popcorn sometimes, but hasn't really done any zoomies...I am not sure why. It may be because she has a head tilt? I took her to the vet a week ago, thinking it was an inner ear infection, but it turned out to be an old injury to her eye from before she came to live with me. I'm not really sure why but she likes to annoy her cage mates by following them everywhere and stealing their food, LOL.

Splinter
20140123_151657.jpg

Splinter is 2 months old and Minerva's brother, born on Christmas Eve, 2013! He's still not entirely comfortable with lap time but once he settles down, he loves it and gets super comfy. He is also a very very picky eater. He only likes carrots, cherry tomatoes, and sometimes kiwi...sometimes not. He likes the flowers in his hay though!

Right now, he's the only guy in his cage but tomorrow, we are getting him a buddy, named Bruiser from a rescue! He's been super lonely but sometimes still does the rare zommie and he does like to popcorn. He really really wants to romance the gals in the next cage...I had to add extra coro to the cage so he would stop freaking out, LOL.

mtk2000

Cavy Slave
"romance the gals" So cute I wish I had them all ✨Meghan

Zombie Queen

Cavy Slave
Oh thank you, Meghan!

Your avatar image has guinea pigs...are they yours? What's their names?

mtk2000

Cavy Slave
Yep those are my girls Hershey is the brown and the other is Rookie (my brothers named her)

hartzequinn23

Cavy Slave
they are soooo cute im trying to "blog" but cant figure out how?????!!!??!!:confused:

mtk2000

Cavy Slave

richguinea

Cavy Slave
haha cool pictures, very cute guinea pigs indeed. Im just wondering, but is splinter (broken link removed)? I can't tell whether it's a teddy or an american breed. Or perhaps im completely wrong and it's something else?

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.