Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Blog Forum Upgrade, I'm pooped!

Blog entry from old forum

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
This is my first real blog. I've deleted my test entries. Well, I've been saying for probably over a year now, that the forum upgrade was just around the corner. Ha! This was a big upgrade, and I just didn't have time to do it.

I ended up hiring some technical help to do the bulk of it for me. He did a great job. And it's still taking me forever to go back and tweak some of the styles and templates just to get them back to the way they were--I'm still not done with that. And then there are all the new configuration settings for all the new features and functions.

Not to mention combing the forum's software forum for additional add-ons and functions to really make things better.

So, we're a good way there, but it's definitely not done yet. THEN, there's the main site. That's been updated, but you can't see it yet, because I have a TON of editing and tweaking to do there as well. I had to get a lot of things done in order to get my ability back to edit the site content.

Quite a while ago, I had a computer blowup, where I lost everything and I lost the ability to easily edit my site without a lot of pain. Now, it's sitting on a content management system that is going to make all the difference in the world. Lot's of new stuff coming there in the upcoming week or two.

So that's my story, and I'm sticking to it. But moving to the latest and greatest version of our forum software was long overdue. I hope to continue to provide added value and content for our readers and members.

Cheers!
Teresa

babybunny

Cavy Slave
The site's new layout is amazing! Its almost a completely new site, but with the greatness of the old one too.

theresaj

Cavy Slave
I really like it a lot! :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.